Saturday, February 7, 2015

Nerd Week

Since my last post I've been battling a cold (which is finally almost over), as well as depression. The funny thing is I have no reason to be depressed. In short I believe it's just from a lot of positive changes that have come in my life and influenced me to do my best. It's almost overwhelming, the changes I mean. It's almost like I'm expecting something negative to happen but deep down I feel that isn't the case. Brushing off that dread each morning and getting up, looking in the mirror and reassuring myself that I will strive to be brave, to believe in myself, and to look for the good in every thing ..is hard. But I'm thankful that I can look to those closest to me for kindness and love. Each day I'm doing what makes me happy.


In the past week, my boyfriend and I began watching a new show called 'Noragami'. I have just a episode or two left of the first and only season, but I'm happy to say this is probably one of my favorite anime now. I feel it has a good plot and you get to see how the main characters develop in a steady pace. I really hope a season two comes out in the near future. It has its silly moments, but I highly recommend it.


To help avoid my negative thoughts, I've also started reading 'The Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis. I've read the book one other time and remembered enjoying it so much I figured it was a good time to refresh myself. Another recommendation if you haven't cracked it open. Definitely worth it. If you haven't read it, Don't expect something like Narnia.

Unfortunately also since having updated I've broken my resistance and have been failing to keep my nervous habits from happening. This is a lot more difficult than I thought and even after hours of trying different methods that I've looked up on Pintrest nothing seems to be working. I feel getting a set of nails done will help. But of course it would only be helping cosmetically. I'd rather be helping myself in health and having the cosmetic perks later as a reward.  If you follow me on Pintrest you can see I love, love, love to post nail art. I've actually used my Mum and Sister, since they have nails, as examples of what little nail art I can accomplish. Nothing special about a flower or heart but it's fun to do and you can't get better if you don't try. If you are kind enough Reader I'd really appreciate if you had any tips on how I can stop biting my nails. Very gross habit, I know, But I'm ready to stop. I crave fabulous nails.

Aside from my growing addiction to playing 'Animal Crossing New Leaf', I've also plugged in my GameCube again this evening and began playing where I left off. An hour after first turning it on, wondering around lost and trying to remember why I was stuck, staring down in the game manual and getting frustrated, figuring out what I needed to do, having my boyfriend help me, and then going into a second stage of confusion and anger in the game (and some swearing) I remembered why I love this game. 'Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess' has got to be one of the most interesting and frustrating games I've played. Even thought I didn't grow up with a GameCube or not much of any Zelda games, I feel like I've really gotten to know the series. The game-play can be argued and nitpicked but I personally find it very enjoyable. It was nice getting the urge this evening to play it and getting a little bit further than where I was. I personally don't like cheats or anything, but some times they are necessary.





( ´ ▽ ` )οΎ‰  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment